How To Move Offices Properly
Moving offices can be a mammoth task, even when your business is relatively small. There’s a lot you need to think about, from how you’re going to move your furniture, through to how you’re going to arrange it when you actually get to the new place, and of course, all the million and one other things (such as setting up the Internet, and so on!), that you’re going to need to consider as well. So, how do you even think about moving offices? Here are a few tips…
1. Plan way in advance. It’s a bit of a vicious circle. You want to give the old landlord plenty of notice when you’re moving, but you also can’t wait too long or you may miss out on a great deal at the new place. Have a clear move in date in mind, and then work from there. Make sure the place you want to go to has all the facilities you need – phones, internet, a meeting room, kitchen and so on.
2. Make sure you buy your furniture (if you need it) before you move. It’s not ideal having to send everyone home on day one because you have nowhere to sit or nowhere for them to put their computers!
3. Get some interior design advice. Whether this is just through blogs that you read online, or if you actually get someone to come in to help, you need to make sure your office space is fit for purpose and the sort of environment your employees would like to work in, and that your clients would like to visit!
4. Ensure everything looks fresh. Enquire about cleaning services – will you need to hire one, or is this included in your lease? Have you given the room a fresh lick of paint? Does the landlord know about that stain on the carpet? These are all things you’ll either need to ask about or work on to ensure the best office possible.
5. Don’t ignore the fun elements of moving! Set up a breakout area in the office for some down time. This shouldn’t be neglected, even in the most corporate of offices! Think about putting in a games console, or perhaps a little ping pong table! Of course, you should also throw an office warming party. Let your clients know that you’re moving onwards and upwards in style!
Luckily, when you move into Priestgate Offices, you already have a full selection of furniture and other fixtures which you can use from day one. You also have access to high speed Internet, and our lovely receptionists who will help you manage your calls. Of course, if you want to make your workspace more personal, there is scope, too. We’re flexible, just talk to us about your options!